- 4 rump steaks
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- For the Chimichurri sauce
- 2 large green chillies
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley
- 1 shot of red wine vinegar
- Glug of olive oil
- Pinch of salt
1. Season the steak with salt and pepper and allow to come to room temperature.
2. Char the green chillies on a grill or over a flame, allowing them to burn a little. Cool, then deseed the chillies and add the flesh to a small blender along with the garlic cloves, a generous bunch of parsley, the vinegar, olive oil and salt. Blitz to a smooth sauce and transfer to a bowl to serve it in.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan or griddle pan until searingly hot. Flash-fry each steak with a shot of oil for 1-2 minutes on each side depending on its thickness, then rest the steaks on a warm plate.
4. To serve, slice the steaks and drizzle with Chimichurri sauce.
Recipe courtesy of Kenwood's Around the World in 80 Plates