Spinach and Feta Quiche
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 400g fresh spinach, washed
- 2 large eggs
- 170g Carnation® Evaporated Milk
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 ready-baked pastry case (200g)
Preheat oven to 180°C (160C with fan) gas mark 3.
Place the spinach into a large sauce pan with 50 ml of water. Cover with a lid and allow to steam on a high heat for 5 minutes till wilted. Remove from heat and strain off excess water.
Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the onions and garlic and fry until light golden.
Crack the eggs into a bowl and pour in the Carnation® Evaporated Milk then whisk together. Crumble the feta into the liquid mixture and add the spinach and onions. Mix well and pour into the pastry.
Bake for 20 minutes till golden and cooked through.
Recipe courtesy of Carnation®