Grilled Pineapple with Nutella
- 2kg pineapple, peeled, cut crosswise into 1-cm-thick slices, core removed (2 pineapples)
- Olive oil
- 200g mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 150ml chocolate-hazelnut spread (recommended: Nutella)
- 90ml double cream
- 25g chopped toasted hazelnuts
2) While the pineapples are cooking, whisk the mascarpone and vanilla in a small bowl to blend. Set aside.
3) Combine the chocolate-hazelnut spread and cream in a small bowl and stir to combine. Place in a microwave on high for about two minutes, stirring every 20 seconds to blend well. Alternatively, you can combine the chocolate-hazelnut spread and cream in a small saucepan, set over low heat, and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Heat until satiny smooth and easy to pour, about 3 to 5 minutes.
4) Transfer the pineapple slices to a large platter. Drizzle the warm chocolate-hazelnut sauce. Dollop the mascarpone mixture atop. Sprinkle with the hazelnuts and serve.