- 220g seedless raspberry jam
- 6 tbsp orange liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier)
- 500g mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 220ml double cream
- 55g sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla essence
- 28 soft sponge fingers or 2 (340g) pound cakes, cut into 7.5 by 2.5 by 3 3/4-cm pieces
- 3 punnets fresh raspberries
- Icing sugar, for serving
2) Combine the mascarpone and remaining two tablespoons of orange liqueur in a large bowl to blend. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream, sugar, and vanilla in another large bowl until soft peaks form. Using a large rubber spatula, stir quarter of the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture to lighten.
3) Fold the remaining whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
4) Line the bottom of a 32.5 by 22.5 by 5-cm glass baking dish or other decorative serving dish with half of the ladyfingers. Spread half of the jam mixture over the ladyfingers. Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the jam mixture, then cover with half of the fresh raspberries. Repeat layering with the remaining ladyfingers, jam mixture, mascarpone mixture and raspberries. Cover and refrigerate at least three hours or overnight.
5) Dust with the icing sugar and serve.