Organic Pork and Mushroom Casserole
- 20g (¾oz) dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 450g organic pork fillet, cut into large chunks
- 1 organic onion, chopped
- 2 organic cloves of garlic, crushed
- 200g organic chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 150ml Marsala wine
- 250g organic double cream or crème fraiche
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, chopped, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C, gas mark 4.
2. Pour 150ml boiling water over the dried mushrooms and leave them to soak for 15 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve and reserve the soaking liquid.
3. Heat the oil in a large casserole dish and fry the pork fillet for 5-6 minutes until lightly browned. Add the onion, garlic, chestnut mushrooms and dried mushrooms. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the onion starts to soften. Add the sage, wine and cream and bring to the boil. Cover the casserole with a lid and place in the oven to cook.
4. Cook for 40-45 minutes or until the pork is completely cooked through with no pink juices. Half way through cooking add the reserved mushroom liquid if it starts to become too dry.
5. Season with black pepper and sprinkle over a little additional sage to serve.
For more inspiration and tips visit the Organic UK Facebook page.