Turkey Sausages with Spicy Beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 turkey sausages
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced into chunks
- 450g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 3 dry red hot peppers
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (425g) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 fresh bay leaves
- 2 handfuls fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked and chopped
Heat a large high-sided saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil to heat. Once hot, add the sausages and brown on all sides, for about 8 minutes total. Remove the sausages from the pan to plate and reserve.
Add the garlic, and saute until golden and brown. With a wooden spoon, stir in the chopped tomatoes and red peppers and season with salt and pepper. Lower the flame, and cover the pan with a lid, simmer for 10 minutes, until the tomatoes have broken down and thickened to a sauce-like consistency.
Add the browned sausages (and any juice left on the plate), beans, and bay leaves to the thickened tomatoes. Stir well and simmer for another 10 minutes.
Add the chopped parsley before serving.