Quick Lamb Tagine
- 1 tbsp Sainsbury's medium olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon by Sainsbury's
- ½ tsp Fairtrade ground ginger by Sainsbury's
- 2 x 390g cartons Sainsbury's chopped tomatoes in tomato juice
- 700ml hot chicken stock, made using 1 stock cube
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 150g Sainsbury's ready-to-eat dried apricots, cut into quarters
- 410g tin Sainsbury's chick peas in water, drained and rinsed
- 350g leftover roasted lamb, shredded
- 260g young leaf spinach
- 250g Sainsbury's cous cous
- 28g pack fresh flat-leaf parsley, washed and finely chopped
- 25g Sainsbury's flaked almonds
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion for 5-10 minutes, adding the garlic and spices for the last minute.
Pour in the tomatoes and 400ml of the hot stock. Add the honey and apricots, bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Stir through the chick peas and lamb and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring in the spinach for the last 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, put the remaining stock in a pan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat, tip in the cous cous and cover with a lid.
Let sit for 10 minutes then fluff up the grains using a fork. Stir through the chopped parsley and flaked almonds. Serve with the tagine.
Recipe courtesy of Sainsbury's