Quinoa Sweet Potato Tacos
- For the Quinoa Filling
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno, diced (use less if you prefer it less spicy)
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 1-inch cubes
- For the Tacos And Toppings
- 4 tortillas (corn or flour)
- 1 1/2 cups shaved cabbage
- Prepared tomatillo salsa, for topping
- Chopped fresh coriander, for topping
- 1 lime, sliced
For the quinoa filling: Combine the quinoa, salt, jalapenos, sweet potatoes and 2 cups water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cook until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed, about 20 minutes. Cool slightly, and then fluff with a fork.
For the tacos and toppings: Warm the tortillas and fill each with some of the quinoa filling. Top with the shaved cabbage, tomatillo salsa, coriander and a squeeze of lime.
Recipe courtesy of Mas Tacos, Eat St.