Double Cheese Crispy Base Pizza
- 1 packet pizza mix
- 4 tbsp passata (sieved tomatoes)
- 4 ripe tomatoes, peeled seeded and roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small head radicchio leaves, separated
- 2 buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- 6 generous shakes Tabasco® Green Pepper Sauce on each (or to taste)
- 225g/8oz coarsely grated Pecorino cheese
- Milk or egg wash for brushing edges
- Torn basil, for decoration
Make up pizza base mix according to packet instructions. Cut dough in half and either pull out - or roll to make two thin pizza rounds. Place each on an oiled baking sheet.
First spread bases with passata. Then place chopped fresh tomatoes over and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Next arrange radicchio leaves on top of this and place mozzarella slices over these. Liberally splash with
Green Pepper Sauce. Finish with a thick grating of Pecorino cheese. Brush round edges of pizza with milk or egg wash.
Place in a preheated oven 200°C for around 15 minutes - or until base is crisp and cheese is melting and bubbling. Scatter ripped basil over before serving.Recipe courtesy of Tabasco®