Courgette, Parmigiano Reggiano and Crème Fraîche Soup
Leftover Parmigiano Reggiano rind flavours this soup unbelievably well.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1kg courgettes, chopped
- 11/2 handfuls basil leaves
- 650ml vegetable stock
- 2 inch piece Parmigiano Reggiano rind
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 100g grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 4 tbsp crème fraîche
- 25g shaved Parmigiano Reggiano
- Salt and pepper
1. Sweat the onion and garlic in oil in a large saucepan until softened.
2. Add the courgette and basil and cook until soft (10-15 minutes).
3. Add in the stock and Parmigiano Reggiano rind and cook for 15 minutes. Remove the rind and discard.
4. Pour into a food processor and blend until smooth.
5. Transfer to a saucepan and bring to simmering point. Remove from the heat and stir through grated Parmigiano Reggiano, ½ lemon zest, 1 handful torn basil leaves, 2 tbsp crème fraîche and season to taste.
6. Serve in individual soup bowls, topped with more crème fraîche, chopped basil, lemon zest and shaved Parmigiano Reggiano.
Recipe courtesy of Parmigiano Reggiano