Raisin pecan oatmeal biscuits
Use old-fashioned rolled oats to get the crumbliest cookies.
- 335g pecans
- 225g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 220g dark brown sugar
- 220g caster sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp pure vanilla essence
- 335g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 675g rolled oats
- 335g dried raisins
2) In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, brown sugar and caster sugar together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. With the mixer on low, add the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla.
3) Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together into a medium bowl. With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Add the oats, raisins and pecans and mix just until combined.
4) Using a small ice-cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop 5cm mounds of dough onto the prepared baking trays. Flatten slightly with a damp hand. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Transfer the cookies to a baking rack and cool completely.