15-Minute Stir-fried Steak Tacos
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Eight 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- Sour cream, guacamole, salsa verde, pico de gallo and shredded Mexican-blend cheese, for serving
Cut the steak along the grain into 3-inch pieces, then slice each piece across the grain into 1/3-inch-thick strips. Toss the steak in a medium bowl with the chili powder, oregano, sugar, 3/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Meanwhile, wrap the tortillas in a clean dishtowel, and microwave at 100 percent for 1 minute. Let sit, wrapped in the dishtowel, until ready to serve.
When the skillet is hot, add the oil. Add the seasoned steak in an even layer. Don't stir for 2 minutes, then give the steak a good stir and let cook until browned, about 1 1/2 minutes more. Transfer the steak to a medium bowl. Immediately add the onions to the skillet, and stir until brown and slightly softened, about 1 1/2 minutes; transfer to the bowl with the steak, and stir to combine.
Set up a taco bar with the steak and onions, wrapped tortillas, sour cream, guacamole, salsa verde, pico de gallo and cheese.
Copyright 2014 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
From Food Network Kitchen