Juicy Meatball Pittas
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 onions, very finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, grated
- 70g fine dried breadcrumbs, (4 slices brown bread, crusts removed, into oven at 200˚C for 5 minutes then blitzed in food processor)
- 2 tbsp barbecue seasoning
- 2 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Oil for frying
- Brown pittas
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- For the tzatziki
- 1/2 cucumber
- Small handful mint, chopped
- 125ml Greek yoghurt
- 30ml sour cream, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Serves: Makes 12-15 meatballs
1. Place all ingredients into a large bowl and mix well to combine.
2. Take one tablespoon of mix and roll in hands to form a ball.
3. Repeat with rest of mixture.
4. Heat oil in a large frying pan.
5. Add meatballs and fry until golden brown on all sides.
6. Put on a lid or cover with tin foil and cook for another couple minutes until cooked through.
7. To serve, toast the pittas.
8. Cut in half and fill with the meatballs, rocket, tomatoes and tzatziki.
For the tzatziki:
1. Slice the cucumber in half and scrape out the core with a spoon.
2. Grate the cucumber and then squeeze out any excess moisture before transferring to a bowl.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to combine.
4. Season to taste.