Soba noodle-vegetable salad
- 125g soba noodles or wholemeal spaghetti
- 1 large shallot, very thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrot
- 1 red pepper, juliennes
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, shredded
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves, shredded
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- For the dressing
- 60ml rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp walnut oil (or rapeseed oil)
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp finely minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce or 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 6 large Bibb lettuce leaves
2) In a medium to large bowl, combine the noodles, shallot, carrot, pepper, basil, mint and coriander.
3) Combine the dressing ingredients, season with salt to taste, add to the noodle mixture and toss lightly.
4) Snap off the lettuce leaves and wash and dry. To serve, scoop spoonfuls of the noodle salad onto the lettuce leaves.