Mexican Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
- 1/3 cup red quinoa, rinsed well
- 3 tablespoons 2 percent Greek yoghurt
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped, plus leaves for garnish
- 3 tablespoons drained and rinsed canned black beans
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 1/4 small avocado, sliced
- 2 radishes, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon pepitas ( pumpkin seeds)
Bring 1 cup water, the quinoa and a pinch of salt to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Lower the heat to medium-low, cover and cook until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat, and let sit, covered, for at least 5 minutes (the dish can be served warm or at room temperature).
Whisk together the yoghurt, lime juice, coriander and a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
Put the cooked quinoa in a cereal bowl, and top with the yoghurt mixture, beans, salsa, avocados, radishes and pepitas in neat piles or rows. Garnish with coriander.
Per serving (1 bowl): Calories: 390; Fat: 13 g (Saturated: 2 g); Cholesterol: 5 mg; Sodium: 690 mg; Carbohydrate: 56 g; Fiber: 9 g; Protein: 17 g; Sugar: 6 g
Copyright 2015 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
From Food Network Kitchen