Parmigiano Reggiano and Chicken Puttanesca Pasta
Add black olives, chilli, garlic and anchovies to this perfect weeknight dinner.
- 300g dried pasta bows
- 3 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (use a whole chilli if you are a spice fan)
- 4 anchovies, finely chopped
- 100g black olives, chopped
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- Handful basil, chopped
- 100g grated Parmigiano Reggiano
1. Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to pack instruction until al dente, drain and keep warm.
2. Fry chicken in oil with onion, garlic, chilli, anchovies and olives for 3-5 minutes until browned.
3. Stir through the fresh and tinned tomatoes and basil. Simmer for 5 minutes to reduce slightly, press the tomatoes down to release their juices. Add in 75g Parmigiano Reggiano and season to taste.
4. Toss the pasta through the sauce and pour into a large ovenproof dish.
5. Sprinkle over the remaining Parmigiano Reggiano.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20-25 minutes until golden.
Recipe courtesy of Parmigiano Reggiano