No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream
No special equipment is needed to make this easy, fruity ice cream. Enjoy it plain or try one of our mix-in ideas.
- 1 pound frozen strawberries, thawed at room temperature for 10 minutes
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch fine salt
- 2 cups double cream, cold
- Mix-In Options:
- Pretzel: 1 1/2 cups yoghurt-covered pretzels, broken-up
- Doughnut: 3 jam doughnuts, cut into small pieces
- Balsamic: 2 tablespoons reduced balsamic vinegar (Simmer 1/2 cup vinegar until reduced to 2 tablespoons; let cool.)
Special equipment: a 9-by-5-by-3-inch metal loaf pan, chilled
For the ice cream: Pulse the strawberries in a food processor until you achieve pea-size chunks. Add the condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Pulse to combine; remove to a medium bowl and set aside.
Whip the cream with a mixer on medium-high speed until firm peaks form, about 2 minutes. Fold about 1 cup of the whipped cream into the strawberry mixture with a rubber spatula until combined, then fold the lightened mixture into the whipped cream until well blended. Pour into a chilled 9-by-5-by-3-inch metal loaf pan, and freeze, covered, until thick and creamy, like soft-serve, about 2 hours. Swirl in any desired mix-ins with a spoon. Continue to freeze, covered, until solid and scoopable, about 3 hours more.
Copyright 2016 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
From Food Network Kitchen