Amaretto chocolate brownies with walnuts
- 220g unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 250g dark chocolate chips
- 180g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 4 large eggs
- 400g sugar
- 2 tbsps amaretto liqueur
- 180g walnuts
- Icing sugar, for garnish
2) Line a 18- by 18-cm square baking pan with parchment paper, making sure paper hangs over the edges. Grease paper with butter so the brownies don't stick.
3) Melt butter and chocolate over a double-boiler and stir gently until smooth and shiny. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
4) Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl and set aside.
5) Whisk together eggs, sugar and amaretto in a mixing bowl until combined. Pour in chocolate mixture and continue to whisk until combined. Gradually add flour mixture, then add walnuts and incorporate with a wooden spoon.
6) Transfer batter to baking pan and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the pan. When done, invert onto a cutting board, remove paper and cut into squares. Garnish with powdered sugar and serve.