Roasted Turkey Gravy
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large, smoked turkey wing or 2 small ones
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 head garlic, split through the equator
- 4 stems fresh sage
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 parsley stems
- 1 1/2 tbsps plain flour
- 1.35L chicken stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2) Heat three tablespoons of olive oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the wing, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and herbs, and cook for five minutes. Place in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
3) Remove from the oven and place over medium heat. Remove the wing and set aside. Add the flour and let cook for about one minute. Add the stock and simmer until it has reduced by about a quarter, about 15 minutes.
4) Strain the sauce and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.