- 1 baguette, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) ball fresh mozzarella
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 handful fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for serving
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
On a high heat, toast the bread using a stovetop grill, then set aside on a cookie sheet pan.
In a bowl, mix together the mozzarella and tomatoes, season very lightly with olive oil and salt and pepper. Stir well and top the bread with the mixture and place on the sheet pan.
Cook in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and starts to crisp into a nice golden color, than place in a platter and allow to cool off for a few minutes before serving.
Dress with a couple leaves freshly picked basil, a drizzle of extra-virgin oil, salt, and pepper.