Caramelised Pears and Goats' Cheese with Chicory
Throw together a sweet and tangy warm salad with the freshest produce.
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, quartered, cored
- 20g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 15g walnuts
- 2 red chicory
- 1 bunch watercress
- 2 3/4 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100g fresh goat's cheese, made into 1cm medallions
2) Trim the root off the chicory and separate into individual leaves, then cut the leaves in half lengthways and place in a bowl. Add the watercress and dress with the olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Place the goat's cheese on a baking tray and place under a hot grill for 1 minute. Top the pear, chicory and watercress salad with the grilled goats' cheese.