Seven-Layer Vegetarian Greek Dip
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 2 cups 2-percent Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint or oregano
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves, chopped (about 1 large bunch)
- 1/2 cup chopped, pitted kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- Two 14-ounce cans artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups chopped jarred roasted red bell peppers (about 14 ounces)
- 2 cups crushed pita chips, plus more for serving
- 2 cups prepared hummus
- 1 cup crumbled feta (about 8 ounces)
Shred the cucumber on a box grater, toss with a large pinch of salt and let drain in a strainer for 10 minutes. Squeeze out any remaining liquid. Mix the drained cucumber with the yogurt, olive oil, garlic and mint in a medium bowl
Toss together the parsley, olives, lemon zest and scallions in a small bowl. Place the artichokes in a piece of cheesecloth or in a strainer and squeeze dry. Repeat with the peppers.
Layer the dip in a medium 3-quart clear glass trifle bowl or your favorite small serving bowl. Spread out the artichokes on the bottom, then top, in even layers, with the cucumber-yogurt mixture, peppers, pita chips, hummus, feta and the olive-herb mixture.
Wrap and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour or overnight (if refrigerating overnight then top with the olive-herb mixture right before serving). Serve with pita chips.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved