Chipotle Prawn Tacos with Avocado Salsa
Try a light, seafood-filled soft taco with a Mexican-style salsa verde.
- For the avocado salsa
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1 jalapeno, quartered, seeds optional
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 4 medium tomatillos (about 225g), husked, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1.25 tsp salt
- 5g loosely packed fresh coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- For the prawns
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chipotle or blended chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 450g medium prawns (about 20), peeled and deveined
- 8 corn tortillas
- 8 sprigs coriander for garnish
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
Put the onion, jalapeno and garlic in a food processor and finely chop. Add the tomatillos, avocado and salt and pulse until chopped but still chunky. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the coriander.
Heat a hob or outdoor grill to medium-high. Mix the olive oil, chipotle or chilli powder and salt in a large bowl. Add the prawns and toss to coat. Grill the prawns until translucent, about one and a half to two minutes on each side.
Grill the tortillas until slightly charred and pliable, about 20 seconds per side. (Alternatively, wrap in a damp paper towel and heat in a microwave.)
Spoon the sauce on the tortilla, then top with about 2 or 3 prawns and a sprig of coriander. Serve 2 tacos per person, with a lime wedge on the side.