Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Pie
- One 9-inch refrigerated prepared pie dough, or your favorite single crust recipe
- 1 tablespoon plain flour, plus more for dusting
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup rolled oats, plus more for garnish
- 3/4 cup dark and/or golden raisins
- Vanilla ice cream or unsweetened whipped cream, for serving
Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and preheat to 175°C. Roll the dough into a 12-inch round on a lightly floured surface (or between two pieces of floured parchment paper). Ease the dough into a 9-inch glass pie plate and flute the edge as desired. Chill 30 minutes.
Line the pie dough with foil and pie weights and bake until the edge just starts to turn golden, about 15 minutes. Remove the foil and weights and continue to bake until the bottom is lightly golden, about 10 minutes more. Cool completely on a rack, about 15 minutes.
Combine the sugar, butter, egg, flour, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor. Process until smooth and combined. Add the oats and raisins and pulse a few times until roughly chopped.
Scrape the filling into the par-baked pie shell and spread evenly. Bake until the top is golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Let cool on a rack for at least 1 hour if serving warm, or let cool completely and serve at room temperature. Top with ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved