Oven-Roasted Chicken Wings
Serve up a platter of juicy spice-rubbed wings for perfect party nibbles.
- 1.8kg chicken wings, wing tips removed, separated at the joint
- 60ml freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Your favorite sauce (such as barbecue sauce, ranch dressing, or blue cheese dressing), for serving, optional
Preheat the oven to 260°C. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the wings and the lemon juice and mix thoroughly. Add the pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. While crushing it between your fingers, add the thyme. Mix again, and add the cayenne pepper and melted butter. Mix thoroughly a final time. Then transfer the wings to the prepared baking sheet, and arrange them in one layer.
Roast in the oven for 10 minutes. Rotate the pan and roast for 10 minutes longer, or until the wings are nicely browned and cooked through. Serve the wings as they are or with your favorite dipping sauce, if desired.