Red Curry Beef Stir-fry
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 8 small Thai garlic cloves, roughly chopped (4 large garlic cloves)
- 3 tbsp red curry paste (use less for a milder stir-fry)
- 2 long green Thai aubergine cut into bite-sized pieces (use courgette as an alternative)
- 300g beef fillet, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ cup Thai basil
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and sliced into strips
1. Heat vegetable oil in a work over high heat. Add garlic and stir-fry for about 30 seconds. Add curry paste and stir-fry for another minute. Add eggplant and stir-fry until just softened. Add beef and 2 tbsp water and cook for another 2 minutes or until beef is almost cooked. Stir through fish sauce and sugar.
2. Then toss through basil, kaffir lime leaves and chilli. Remove from heat and serve.