Roast Aubergine and Courgette Salad
A fantastic vegetarian starter with bundles of nutty, sesame flavour.
- Olive oil
- 4 large, long, heavy aubergines, thickly sliced
- 6 courgettes, sliced lengthways, oiled and grilled
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- For the dressing
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of a very ripe lemon
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 4 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Handful flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Salt the aubergines and sweat them for 20 minutes. Rinse them, pat them dry and brush them with olive oil, grill them until golden brown. After brushing the courgettes with olive oil, grill them until golden brown.
For the dressing, blend all the ingredients together, except for the parsley until well incorporated. Stir in the parsley at the end. Arrange the grilled vegetables onto a platter, spoon over the dressing, scatter over the coriander and pine nuts and drizzle with a little more olive oil.