Warm Lamb and Rice Salad
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil by Sainsbury’s
- 1 aubergine, cut into 1.5cm cubes
- 200g Sainsbury’s cherry tomatoes
- 300g leftover roast lamb, shredded
- 250g pack microwaveable brown rice by Sainsbury’s
- 200g be good to yourself Greek style natural probiotic yogurt
- 2-3 tsp harissa by Sainsbury’s
- 200g halloumi by Sainsbury’s
- Zest of ½ orange and juice of 1 orange
- 70g bag wild rocket by Sainsbury’s
- ½ x 28g pack fresh mint by Sainsbury’s, washed and roughly torn
- ½ x 28g pack fresh flat-leaf parsley by Sainsbury’s, washed and roughly chopped
- 4 white pittas by Sainsbury’s, warmed, to serve
Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the aubergine and stir well. Cook over a high heat for 5 minutes, continuing to stir until lightly browned.
Reduce the heat to medium and add the tomatoes and the lamb. Cover and cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the rice according to pack instructions. In a bowl, mix the yogurt with the harissa to create a ripple effect.
Heat a griddle pan, add the halloumi and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, until charred.
Stir the rice into the hot aubergine and lamb mixture. Add the orange zest and juice, rocket and herbs, then stir well.
Spoon onto plates, top with the grilled halloumi and dollop with the harissa yogurt. Serve with warm pitta bread.
Recipe courtesy of Sainsbury's