- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 250g smoked bacon, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp, heaped, mild curry powder
- 400g cooked basmati rice
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, removed from stem, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and sauté the onion and garlic for 2 minutes until slightly soft.
2. Add the bacon and cook until slightly crispy.
3. Add the peppers and cook for another 2 minutes or until just starting to soften.
4. Add the curry powder and cook for a further 30 seconds or so.
5. Add the rice and thyme and stir until combined.
6. Season to taste and keep warm, cover with foil or a lid until serving time.