Asparagus, bacon, and cheese frittata
Substitute these vegetables for whatever you have left in the fridge.
- 5 large eggs
- 4 tbsps freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsps milk
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 115g medium asparagus stalks (about 8), woody stems trimmed, cut into 1-cm pieces
- 4 medium slices back bacon (about 55g), coarsely chopped
2) Heat the olive oil in a 20-cm nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and bacon, and cook until the asparagus is crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
3) Reduce heat to low, pour the egg mixture into the skillet, stirring gently to distribute the fillings evenly. Cover, and cook until the bottom sets, but does not get too brown, about 9 minutes.
4) Remove the cover, scatter the remaining 1 tbsp of cheese over the surface. Run the frittata under the grill until the top sets and browns slightly, about 1 minute. Set aside for about 5 minutes before unmolding.
5) Slip the frittata out of the pan onto a cutting board, cut into wedges. Serve warm or room temperature.
Copyright 2004 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved