Bacon-wrapped prawns with chipotle BBQ sauce
Cover your prawns in a blanket of bacon the coat in a special chipotle sauce.
- 20 large prawns, 21–25 count, shelled, deviened
- 225g bacon rashers
- 120ml BBQ sauce
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 20g Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp chipotle pepper in adobo
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Special equipment: 5 to 8 bamboo skewers
2) Partially cook the bacon, cut the rashers in half and leave to cool on paper towel.
3) Wrap a strip of bacon around each prawn, and skewer with bamboo through the point where bacon ends meet to keep them from unravelling. Skewer 3 to 5 prawns per bamboo.
4) Combine all the remaining ingredients in a blender and puree. Separate the sauce in half, one for basting one for dipping.
5) Cook the bacon-wrapped prawns on a grill over medium heat. When the prawns begin to turn pink, begin basting with the chipotle sauce.
6) Serve hot with the dipping sauce on the side.