Balsamic soaked streaky bacon wrapped scallops
- 6 very large sea scallops
- 60ml aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp dark brown granulated sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1-cm ginger, thinly sliced
- 12 slices peppered streaky bacon, halved
- 1 (250g) tin sliced water chestnuts, drained
2) Pat scallops dry and quarter them. Combine the vinegar, granulated sugar, garlic and ginger and marinate the scallops 10 minutes.
3) Arrange the rasher bacon slices in a single layer. On each half-slice of rasher bacon, place 2 slices of water chestnuts. Top with a scallop piece and wrap with the rasher bacon, secure with toothpick. Place scallops on sides, exposed side facing out. Draw garlic and ginger from vinegar and drizzle over scallops then bake 10 minutes, turning once.