Hackney's inside-out burger
- 225 g ground beef
- 25 g cooked bacon, chopped
- 25 g shredded Cheddar
- 2 tbsps vegetable or olive oil
- 1 hamburger bun, optional
- For the assembly
- 1 round mould (lid to a peanut butter jar or other round container recommended)
- 1 sheet clingfilm
1) Divide ground beef into approximately 2 equal portions. Set aside. Line round mold with plastic wrap. Pat half of the ground beef into the round mold. Layer with cheese and bacon, being careful not to go too close to the edges. Cover with other half of the ground beef. Press down edges of ground beef together to seal. Remove pattie from mold and pan fry over medium heat in 2 tablespoons of oil. Serve plain or on a bun.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.