Red, White and Blue Mashed Potatoes
Pay homage to the simple spud with this blue cheese and bacon mash.
- 1kg red new potatoes, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 5 to 6 strips bacon
- 110g Gorgonzola cheese, room temperature
- 60ml double cream, room temperature
- 15g butter, room temperature
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2) Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a frying pan until crisp. Set aside on a paper towel to drain. Roughly chop and reserve.
3) Drain the potatoes and garlic and place them back in the pan with the cheese, double cream, butter and chopped bacon. Roughly mash, adding more cream if needed.
4) Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.