Spaghetti alla carbonara
- 500g spaghetti
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp Pecorino Romano, plus extra, for serving
- 10ml single cream, optional
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 slices pancetta
2) Beat the eggs. Add the black pepper and cheese to the beaten eggs. Set aside. Add the cream to this mixture, if desired, for a creamier dish.
3) Put the oil in a saucepan with the pancetta, and saute for 5 minutes. Add the spaghetti into the pan and saute for another 3 minutes.
4) Turn off the flame (this is important) and add the egg and cheese mixture to the pasta and mix.
5) Serve with additional Pecorino Romano on top.