Streaky bacon wrapped prawns with chipotle BBQ sauce
- For the prawns
- 225g streaky bacon, partially cooked and cut in half
- 20 prawns, shelled and deveined
- Special equipment: 5 to 8 bamboo skewers
- For the sauce
- 120ml BBQ sauce
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 45ml lemon juice
- 15g Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp chipotle pepper in adobo
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
2) Partially cook the bacon, cut in half, and cool on paper towels. Wrap strips of the bacon around the prawns, and skewer with bamboo through the point where bacon ends meet, to keep them from unraveling. Skewer 3 to 5 prawns per bamboo.
3) For the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a blender and puree. Separate the sauce in half, one for basting one for dipping.
4) Cook the bacon-wrapped prawns on a griddle over medium heat. When they begin to turn pink, begin basting with the chipotle sauce.
5) When the prawns are pink and cooked through, remove from the heat and serve with chipotle sauce dip.