Cheddar and Spring Onion Bread
- 225g sharp cheddar cheese, shredded or coarsely grated
- 170g butter, at room temperature
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (450g) loaf ciabatta bread, cut in half horizontally
In a food processor, combine the cheese and butter. Process until the mixture is smooth. Add the spring onions and pulse until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Spread the cheese mixture on the cut sides of the bread. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden.
Using a serrated knife, cut the bread into 2 1/2cm thick slices and serve.