Cheddar dill cornbread
- 420g purpose plain flour
- 140g yellow cornmeal
- 50g granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 250ml milk
- 3 extra large eggs, lightly beaten
- 250g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra to grease
- 250g aged extra-sharp Cheddar, grated, divided
- 100g minced fresh dill
2) Mix in 200g of grated cheddar and the dill, and allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Grease a 22x33 by baking tin.
4) Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top, and sprinkle with the remaining grated cheddar. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool and cut into large squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.