These savoury scones are great with cheese and chutney.
- 240g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 110g cold unsalted butter, diced
- 180ml single cream
- Small handful fresh chives or parsley, chopped
- 1 egg mixed with 1 tbsp water, for egg wash
2) With the mixer on low, add the single cream and beat until just mixed. Add the chives and mix until just combined. Dump the dough out on a well-floured board and knead lightly into a rectangle 1.5-cm thick. Cut out rounds with a 5-cm round cutter and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
3) Brush with the egg wash. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, until the tops are browned and the insides are firm. Serve warm.