Garden puree bruschetta with ricotta salata
Mix spring onions, beans and peas with ricotta and spread on a baguette.
Recipe by:Tyler Florence
4 to 6
- 450g garden peas, shelled, or 225g frozen petite peas
- 225g asparagus, tips only (about 6-cm)
- 225g haricots beans or tender French beans, trimmed
- 3 to 4 spring onions, green parts only, roughly chopped
- 120 to 480g full-fat milk ricotta cheese
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 French baguette
- 2 cloves garlic
- Ricotta salata shavings, for garnish
Serves: 4 to 6 starter servings1) Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
2) Add the peas, asparagus tips, haricots beans, and spring onions and cook until bright green and crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. (If you're using frozen peas, you can throw them in during the last couple of minutes, to thaw.) Drain and transfer to a bowl of salted ice water to stop cooking. Drain again. Chop the vegetables in a food processor with the ricotta, a drizzle of oil, and salt and pepper, to taste. Set it aside until ready to use.
3) Preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4. Make the bruschetta by cutting thin slices of the baguette. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and bake in a hot oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and rub with peeled garlic cloves while still warm.
To serve, spoon the garden puree onto the toasted bread. Garnish with a large shaving of ricotta salata and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, if desired.