- 1/4 ounce (1 packet) dry active yeast
- 2 cups warm (37°C) water
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter, melted, plus more to grease pans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 cups self-rising flour
- Special equipment: mini muffin tins
1. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Mix the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Beat in the egg. Add the yeast and mix well. Gradually stir in the flour until smooth. Pour into a greased, airtight bowl. Store tightly covered in the refrigerator overnight.
2. The next day, preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease miniature muffin tins.
3. Spoon the dough into the muffin tins and bake the rolls until browned, 18 to 20 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood (c) Clarkson Potter 2010