Banana Crunch Muffins
Ina Garten shares her tasty breakfast muffin recipe.
- 420g plain flour
- 450g caster sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 225g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 160ml whole milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla essence
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 ripe banana, medium diced
- 100g walnuts, diced small
- 100g granola
- 90g sweetened grated coconut
- Dried banana chips, granola or grated coconut, optional
Serves: 18 large muffins1) Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Line 18 large muffin cups with paper liners.
2) Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the melted butter and blend.
3) Combine the eggs, milk, vanilla and mashed bananas, and add them to the flour and butter mixture. Scrape the bowl and blend well. Don't overmix.
4) Fold the diced bananas, walnuts, granola and coconut into the batter. Spoon the batter into the paper liners, filling each one to the top. Top each muffin with dried banana chips, granola, or coconut, if desired.
5) Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the tops are brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool slightly, remove from the pan, and serve.