Chocolate Griddle Cakes with Cinnamon Peaches
- For the Chocolate Griddle Cakes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa Powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups buttermilk at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- For the Cinnamon Peaches
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 peaches, peeled and sliced
For the Chocolate Griddle Cakes
Sift flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a separate bowl whisk buttermilk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla.
Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and stir just until combined (a few lumps are OK).
Stir in chocolate chips.
Preheat a griddle over medium heat and grease.
Ladle batter onto griddle and cook about 3 minutes, turning to cook another 2 minutes.
Remove griddle cakes to a plate, cover and keep warm until ready to serve.
For the Cinnamon Peaches
Bring butter and maple syrup up to a simmer in a large sauté pan. Stir in cinnamon and peaches and return to a simmer. Serve immediately. (Great over ice cream too.)