Ham, Egg and Cheese Porridge
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 4 ounces lean ham, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 ounces shredded Gruyere (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives (about 1/3 small bunch); plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring 4 1/4 cups water, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in the oats, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, until the oats are soft and the porridge is slightly thickened, about 7 minutes. Stir in the ham, Gruyere and chives and remove the saucepan from the heat.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat. Carefully crack the eggs into the pan and cook until the whites are set and slightly crispy and the yolk is still runny, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Transfer the porridge to individual bowls. Top each with an egg, sprinkle with additional fresh chives and serve.
Copyright 2014 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.