Smoked Haddock Kedgeree
In the box:
- Fish stock
- Kedgeree spice blend
- Lemon and pepper seasoning
- 300g smoked haddock, skinned
- 100g frozen peas
- 150g basmati rice, rinsed
- 2 eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
From your cupboard:
- Sunflower or olive oil
- 25g butter
- 1 small bunch coriander
This SimplyCook recipe takes just 20 minutes to cook, saving you precious time in the kitchen. SimplyCook have sourced quality ingredients to make this money-saving meal the perfect alternative to costly recipe book equivalents.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas mark 4.
2. Bring 250ml of water to the boil in a suacepan, add the fish stock and mix well. Once mixed, turn the heat off.
3. Heat 2-3 tablespoons of oil in a large heavy based pan (make sure it’s oven proof) and fry the kedgeree spice blend for just 30 seconds. Stir in the rice and peas. Add the fish stock, bring to a simmer, then lay the fish on top, gently submerging it under the surface. Cover with a lid and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 3 minutes without removing the lid.
5. Take off the lid, add the lemon and pepper seasoning, spring onion, butter and eggs. Gently flake the fish and mix everything together well.
6. Serve with the optional coriander sprinkled on top.
Recipe courtesy of Simply Cook
Simply Cook provide you with tailored recipes and a selection of hero ingredient kits delivered to your door every month making cooking delicious new meals quick and accessible. Find out more at SimplyCook.com