- 8 eggs, shelled
- 8 chorizo sausage links
- 8 crumpets
- Chipotle hollandaise sauce
- For the chipotle hollandaise sauce
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp chilli sauce
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Lemon juice, to taste
- 30g melted butter
- 1/2 tbsp chipotle pepper puree
2) Cut the chorizos in half lengthwise and brown them in a medium-sized frying pan, until fully cooked. Remove from heat and drain the sausage.
3) While the sausage is cooking, lightly toast the crumpets.
To serve, place half a chorizo on each crumpet. Place a poached egg on top of the chorizo. Spoon some chipotle hollandaise sauce on each muffin and serve immediately.
Cook's Note: For a vegetarian option, use avocado slices and slightly wilted spinach leaves in place of chorizo. Then place a slice of tomato on top of the poached egg before topping with the chipotle hollandaise sauce.
1) Beat the egg yolks until they are foamy. Continue whipping as you add the hot sauce, Worcestershire, salt and lemon juice.
2) Transfer the mixture to the top of a double boiler and place over a medium heat. Continue whipping by hand until the sauces thickens and forms ribbons when the whisk is lifted. Remove the sauce from the heat, add the butter and the chipotle puree, stir all ingredients and serve.