Spanish Baked Butter Beans
- Butter for frying
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 600g jar of cooked butter beans
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 heaped teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 heaped teaspoon hot smoked paprika
- 100ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 100g manchego cheese, grated
- 50g breadcrumbs
- Freshly chopped parsley to serve
- For the Candied Beetroot Salad
- 2 candied beetroot, thinly sliced
- 200ml sugar syrup
- 50ml sherry vinegar
- 1 small chilli, finely chopped
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- Flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Simply fry the chopped onion in a little butter over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
3. Then add the butter beans, garlic, spices, stock and puree. Bring it to the boil and then sprinkled over the cheese and breadcrumbs.
4. Place it into an oven, without a lid, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the topping is crispy and bronzed and the sauce is thick and the beans are silky and soft.
5. For the salad, combine all of the ingredients apart from the beetroot in a bowl, changing the quantities to your taste and then drizzle it over the beetroot and simply serve.