Spiced Lamb and Spinach Frittata
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil by Sainsbury’s
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- A little fresh nutmeg by Sainsbury’s, grated
- Pinch of crushed chillies or cayenne pepper by Sainsbury’s
- 300g leftover roast lamb, sliced
- 100g bag baby leaf spinach by Sainsbury’s
- 8 medium British free range Woodland eggs by Sainsbury’s
- 5 tbsp semi-skimmed British milk by Sainsbury’s
- 170g bag Italian style peppery salad by Sainsbury’s, to serve
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
Add the garlic, nutmeg, chilli and lamb, and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted, then transfer the contents of the pan into a bowl.
In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and milk together and season well with freshly ground black pepper. Preheat the grill to medium.
Wipe the pan clean with kitchen paper. Add the remaining oil and heat over a medium heat for a few seconds.
Pour in the eggs and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it looks very lightly scrambled, but is still mainly liquid. Add the lamb mixture, stir, then cook for 4-5 minutes until the base of the frittata is set.
Transfer the pan to a preheated grill and cook for 3-4 minutes until set. Stand for a few minutes before turning out and slicing. Serve with the salad.
Recipe courtesy of Sainsbury's