Whole Grain Spaghetti with Brussels Sprouts, Courgette and Yellow Squash
- 1 box spaghetti
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 12 Brussels sprouts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium courgette, diced
- 1 medium yellow squash, diced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- ½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
1. Bring a large and small pan of water to a boil.
2. In the smaller pan, boil Brussels sprouts for 8 minutes until cooked through.
3. In a large frying pan, heat olive oil and sauté garlic until slightly yellow in colour, 1-2 minutes.
4. Add courgette, squash and sliced Brussels sprouts; season with salt and pepper and sauté for 5 additional minutes.
5. In the large pan, cook pasta one minute less than packet instructions.
6. Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup of the water.
7. Toss pasta with sauce and cooking liquid.
8. Stir in cheese and parsley before serving.