Baked butternut four cheese farfalle with sage
- 500g dry farfalle pasta
- 110g unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 35g plain flour
- 725ml whole milk
- 250g finely mashed cooked butternut squash
- 250g crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 250g coarsely chopped Brie cheese (rind removed)
- 100g shredded fontina cheese
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 100g finely chopped pecans
- 15g coarsely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 100g finely grated Gruyere cheese
2) Melt 6 tbsp of the butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the garlic, and cook for 1 minute, or until golden. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 additional minute.
3) Whisk in the milk and butternut squash and bring the mixture to a low boil. Reduce the heat to low, whisk in the Gorgonzola, Brie, fontina, salt and pepper, until the cheese is melted, about 3 to 4 minutes.
4) Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta and stir well to combine. Divide the pasta mixture into buttered individual gratin dishes or a buttered 33cm by 23cm baking dish.
5) Sprinkle pecans and sage over the pasta. Melt the remaining butter and drizzle evenly over the top. Sprinkle Gruyere over the pecans and sage. Bake for 23 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore we cannot make representation as to the results.